Facing up to New Challenges
A facilitated circus skills workshop that changes the way you think about what your team can achieve
"Facing up to New Challenges" is an interactive, energetic, noisy and always fun intervention that uses the teaching of a series of carefully selected circus skills to bring new insights into how attitude and approach affects performance when facing challenges.
Benefits for your team
- An engaging, shared and inclusive experience for all
- Acquisition of new skills through accelerated learning techniques
- Gets participants working outside their comfort zones in an entirely safe, non-threatening and risk-managed learning environment
- Amaze your colleagues AND learn something new about yourself
- Workshop led by experienced 'Edu-tainers'
- Learning grounded through coaching support
- Effective with small and large groups
- A dynamic way to open or conclude your intervention
How it works
Working in teams, participants are taught up to four circus skills and encouraged to develop a supportive learning environment in which it is OK to:
- Ask for help
- Share newly learned skills
- Acknowledge others' successes and performance
Each team will be asked to demonstrate their newly acquired skills in a showcase to be viewed by the whole group
Finally the teams come together as one group to undertake the blindfold Scimitar Throwing challenge!
Organisations that have used facilitated circus skills as a means to engage and develop their people have included:
- GE Oil & Gas
- Chivas Brothers
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Baillie Gifford
Another delighted customer...
"Just thought I'd drop you a quick email to say a massive thank you for Tuesday's away day, and the effort and enthusiasm your team put into the day. I've had numerous messages from various attendees commenting on what a brilliant concept the 'Facing up to New Challenges' was - combining a light-hearted social experience with clear underlying messages. I think everyone enjoyed watching the boss attempting to juggle! Thanks for all you help with the organisation of the activities - you've been an extremely professional and easy company to work with. We will definitely be keeping you in mind for future events as the 'Facing up to New Challenges' is a winner of an activity!" Group IT Function