Myers Briggs Type Indicators (MBTI®)
Understanding MBTI® in the Organisation - a Familiarisation Workshop
Myers-Briggs Type Indicators classify the ways in which we view the world around us, deal with it and react to it. It is a self-reporting tool that allows people to understand how they interact in every day life. The tool identifies valuable differences between people - differences that can be the source of much misunderstanding and miscommunication. The MBTI is a model of personality preferences and is a good predictor of how we think and behave in most situations and with most people. What's more, awareness of MBTI profiles can help colleagues to operate more effectively together.
Programme aims & objectives
To explore the implications and applications of Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicators (MBTI) and engage teams in selected team challenges and experiences that will:
- offer a safe, non-threatening and inclusive learning environment that will support teams in identifying, "bringing to life" and exploring the interpersonal factors associated with Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- provide the team with a good understanding of type concepts, allowing them to appreciate their preferred working styles as well as the normal differences between team members
enable team members to work more effectively with each other as well as with external contacts / stakeholders, as well as understand how different people cope with, and need to be communicated with, during times of change and growth.
- Full project management of your programme, including pre-event information and communication
- Online MBTI profiling offering robust external validation based on decades of qualitative research, as well as an objective perspective to help define individual personality preferences
- Tailored package to fit your objectives, timings and group size
- Scope and content are aligned to the individual, team and organisational context
- Offers an introduction to understanding the valuable differences that exist between people.
- Creates a common language for the group and enhances communication through positive interaction
- Teambuilding exercises are low risk and non threatening but highly experiential, stimulating and engaging
- Practical implementation of quick win ideas & intentions to ensure increased return on investment, as well as planting the seeds for medium and longer term actions
- Production of 10-page interpretive MBTI report for each participant
How it works
- Pre-event: Online MBTI Profiling for all participants (Paper-based profiling also available).
- MBTI workshop - familiarising the team with MBTI and their implications and applications in the workplace. Incorporates fun and engaging indoor activities and team challenges from our TeamWorks In programme portfolio to bring to life the knowledge and learning gained.
- Post-programme one to ones with Lead Facilitator: to achieve a 'best-fit' profile. Can be included should this be required.
- Debrief meeting: within three to four weeks of programme end, should this be required.
Organisations that used Myers Briggs
- Visit Scotland
- Swire Oilfield Services
- National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence
- Maynard Leigh Associates
- RBS Group
- Halcrow Group
- Novo Nordisk
What Novo Nordisk wanted
The Zurich-based International Marketing Department of Novo Nordisk, made up of two teams from Germany and Switzerland held an offsite in Lucerne. One of the key drivers of the event was to bring everyone together in a shared development experience to challenge some silo-ed ways of working. The event was split over a one day team insights workshop incorporating a Motivational Speaker, and the implications / applications of Myers Briggs Type Indicators in the workplace. This was followed by a second day of experiential activities, including Maximillion's Kinetic Connections, to creatively embed the learning. All MBTI profiling and interpretation to inform programme design was undertaken prior to the offsite.
What they said
100% delighted feedback in the areas of: dealing with your enquiry and finances, operations team pre-event support, facilitation and event team, programme activities
"Initial expectations were exceeded" and "very satisfied that the learning outcomes were reached"