- Group Size:
- Various, UK and global locations
- 4h - 6h
- Price Guide:
How it works
The definition of a Belbin® Team Role is “a tendency to behave, contribute and interrelate with others in a particular way” in facilitating the progress of a team. Belbin® Team Roles describe a pattern of behaviour that characterises one person’s behaviour in relation to another whilst working in a team environment. The value of Team Role theory, supported by decades of research, lies in enabling an individual or team to benefit from self-knowledge and adjust according to the demands made by the external situation.
Our workshops explore the implications and applications of Belbin® methodology and engage teams in selected team challenges and that will:
- increase understanding and appreciation of preferred team roles, strengths and weaknesses. Exploring new ways of working, sharing knowledge and experience, valuing and maximising contribution and challenging assumptions and perceptions.
- strengthen relationships in a fun, non-threatening environment and provide a memorable and rewarding experience to all participants.
Our Belbin® workshops follow the following general format and process:
Positioning: Explore the spectrum of Team Roles and their contribution to team performance. Initial positioning activities to raise awareness of how effective teams work
Reflecting: Individual and team reports are issued and explained. Facilitated discussion on the implications and applications of preferred team roles back in the workplace
Exploring: Incorporation of inter-related activities from the Belbin® Cooperate toolkit and our TeamWorks for Business activity portfolio to bring to life the knowledge and learning gained
Transferring: Your team works through the full cycle of participation in the activities, reviewing the activity against Belbin® theory; observing and drawing out the learning in light of the future workplace dealings of the group
Who it’s for?
Our Belbin® workshops are ideal for established or growing teams from across all organisational and functional levels e.g. leadership teams, operational teams, project teams, sales teams as well as multi-disciplinary, cross functional groups. Any team looking to explore and examine individual team role preferences, collective team strengths and improvement areas, and create a common language for working together.
Our Belbin® clients include: EDF Energy, Royal College of General Practitioners, Audit Scotland, Diamond Light Source, University of Edinburgh Business School, University of Cardiff, Axis-Shield, an Alere company, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, GE Oil & Gas, RBS Group, Boehringer Ingelheim MENA, Singapore and China, Department for International Development (DfID), Astellas Pharma Europe, NFU Mutual Direct, Lloyds Banking Group, Glasgow Caledonian University
What you get
Belbin® profiling provides individuals and teams with two levels of interpretive report:
- Self Perception Inventory with Observer Assessments
- Team Report
In each case, the reports will provide individuals and teams alike with insights into and awareness of their Team Role preferences, across the following nine Team Role types:
- Shaper: Has the drive and courage to overcome obstacles
- Implementer: Turns ideas into actions and organises work that needs to be done
- Completer Finisher: Searches out errors, polishes and perfects
- Co-ordinator: Clarifies goals and delegates effectively
- Teamworker: Co-operative, perceptive and diplomatic. Listens and averts friction
- Resource Investigator: Explores opportunities and develops contacts
- Plant: Generates ideas and solves difficult problems
- Specialist: Provides knowledge and skills in rare supply
- Monitor Evaluator: Sees all options and judges accurately
- Online profiling pre-event
- Interpretive Individual Reports combining Self Perception with 360°Observer Assessment
- Interpretive whole Team Reports, and Working Relationship Reports
- Full facilitation support to ground the learning
- Belbin® ‘Co-operate’ or TeamWorks for Business activities to bring learning to life
- Post-event follow up by Lead Facilitator
- Online Belbin® profiling, offering robust external validation based on decades of research
- Tailored package to fit your objectives, timings and group size, with programme scope and content aligned to the individual, team and organisational context
- Offers insights into understanding good team working practice and supporting behaviours.
- Creates a common language for a group
- Increased scope for the group to share experiences and transfer learning back to the workplace, ensuring return on investment
- Belbin®-specific team building exercises are experiential, stimulating and engaging
- Option to include 1 to 1 review post-event with Lead Facilitator to discuss the implications of profiling