Maximillion Events Limited
Maximillion Events Ltd and its sub brands (together “Maximillion Family”) respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your details. This policy is intended to let you know how we look after your data when you interact with us and tell you about your rights. This policy is intended to supplement any other notices we provide you from time to time.
You can click the headings below to visit specific parts of the policy that you are interested in, but we recommend that you take a little bit of time to read through. It’s not too long, about the length of time to drink a decent mug of tea.
- WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
1. WHO WE ARE
This policy applies to each and any company of the Maximillion Group, details of which can be found on our website. When we refer to any of the Maximillion Group we mean the company with which you have contracted or otherwise communicated and that has processed your data.
Our data privacy manager is Sarah Esslemont. Please contact Sarah Esslemont with any questions or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights on:
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Newbridge Industrial Estate Newbridge, Edinburgh, EH28 8PJ
Telephone number: 0131 333 0066.
You can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) but we would be grateful for the opportunity to address any concerns you have in the first instance.
When using our website this includes some links to third-party websites. We do not control those sites and cannot be responsible for their privacy procedures or policies.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT
Your personal data is anything which can identify you as a person, not data which has been anonymised.
We may process (that is collect, store or use) data about you, such as:
- Identity Data: names, data of birth or gender
- Contact Data: addresses, emails or telephone numbers
- Financial or Contract Data: payment information, contracting information
- Marketing and Communications: preferences for subscribing to our e-newsletters
- Product and Service Data: what products and services you have ordered or shown an interest in
If you do not regularly provide or maintain your data held by us then we may not be able to continue providing a product or service. We may have to cancel a contract. We will notify you in advance if this is the case (unless you have not updated your contact details).
3. HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED
The main way that we may collect personal data about you is if you ask us to provide you with a product or service. This may happen when you:
- apply for a service
- open a user account
- subscribe to our newsletter or social media feeds
- request marketing or other communications from us
- provide us with feedback
- send us an enquiry, message or email from our web site
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mostly we will simply use your personal data to:
- perform the contract you are entering into with us
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We will usually only rely on consent as a basis for processing your data in relation to marketing communications. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
The activities which will require us to process your data include:
- registering you as a new customer
- to process your services
- manage and collect payments
- notifying you of any changes to our services, conditions or policies
- asking you for feedback
- to administer our website
We may need to use your data for another purpose which was not the original purpose. We will only do so if we think it is comparable or ancillary to the original purpose.
5. DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
We have put in place physical and electronic security measures to prevent the accidental loss, destruction or unauthorised use of your personal data. For example, only certain employees, agents or contractors may access your data to enable us to process it for the relevant purpose.
Your data will only be retained for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was required, including our legal, accounting and regulatory requirements. We are required to keep basic information for these purposes for a period of six years after you cease being a customer.
6. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. Subject to appropriate verification being received by us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. If you consider that there is no lawful reason for us to continue processing your personal data.
- Object to processing if you feel that your legitimate interests outweigh those of Maximillion Group or another third party.
- Request restriction of processing where you may ask us to suspend processing your personal data to establish its accuracy, to defend a legal claim, where we need to verify our legitimate interests or you require the data but we would otherwise delete it.
- Request transfer of your personal data that is stored in an automated format.
- Withdraw consent where we are relying on this as the legal basis to process your personal data.