Job Opportunity: Senior Account Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join Maximillion, Scotland’s longest established and best regarded Event Management agency.
Established in 1989, Maximillion’s offices are located at Newbridge, ten miles west of Edinburgh city centre. Maximillion specialise in general event management and team building. Our events are delivered throughout the UK & beyond, for corporate, incentive and private clients. During its 34 years Maximillion has won over 20 industry awards. Over the past 2 years Maximillion has further developed the Conference & Production side of the business and as such we are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join the team and add value within this business area.
As a Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing existing client accounts and building up those of your own through new enquiries and business development opportunities. The Senior Account Manager’s role involves both sales and delivery, to include taking a client brief, creating a proposal & quote in response, refinement of these to meet the clients’ feedback and once confirmed managing the delivery process including on the day. The style of events that you sell and deliver will predominantly focus on Conferences however there will be a requirement to work across the Maximillion portfolio.
This role will see you spending time both in the office, working from home and out on events, therefore all applicants should be within a commutable distance from our Edinburgh office. As you would imagine our events do not always take place within Mon-Fri 9-5 window, therefore out of hour’s work will be required. As all team members do, you will have additional “support duties” such as product development & research and for any others we would look to match these to your skill set during the interview process.
- – Reporting to: Operations Director
- – Salary from £30,000 – £35,000 per annum depending on preior experience, plus, achievement of sales target bonus.
- – Start Date: December 2023
- – Times: Monday – Friday, 0900-1700 (core business hours but opportunity to work within 0800-1800)
- – Location: Combination of home, office (Newbridge) and on events.
- – Benefits: Holidays, pension, flexible working hours, bring your dog to work, staff perks.
Experience & Person
We are looking to recruit a well-rounded “people” person who will fit quickly into our team culture, align with our company values and be an asset from the get-go. Below are the desired attributes:
- – Minimum of 8 years full-time events experience (or similar industry/role)
- – Great at multi-tasking & working to deadlines
- – Methodical at planning & strong attention to detail
- – Highly motivated self-starter, happy to take initiative & responsibility for tasks set
- – Creative Eye
- – Passionate around customer service & enjoys working with people as part of a team
- – Strong communicator
- – Outgoing & well presented
- – Flexible re working in the office, at home & on events
- – Have a full driving license & car
- – University Degree or equivalent
- – Have experience with CRM system (we used Pipedrive)
- – Have experience with Delegate Management Systems (we use Eventsforce)
- – Be passionate about sustainability
As an outline, the process will be:
- – 18th October: Deadline for applications
- – W/o 23rd October: First interviews (video conference or face-to-face)
- – W/o 6th November: Second interviews (face-to-face at our offices), and opportunity to work event if possible
- – Start Date: TBC on your notice period and availability. In advance of your start date, we would send you a copy of your induction process to ensure you settle in quickly and know exactly how we work.
Send your CV, along with a covering email to include 3 things that interest you most in working for Maximillion and one reason why we should consider you as the ideal candidate for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply by 23rd October to confirm if your application will be progressed.