Job Opportunity: Account Executive
This is an exciting opportunity to join Maximillion, Scotland’s longest established and best regarded Event Management Agency.
As the Account Executive, you will support the rest of the team in both sales and operational duties. From a sales point of view, you will help create proposals and quotations ready to be sent onto the client. For more complex briefs, you will be involved in researching and pricing aspects of the event such as venues, caterers and a host of other suppliers. Once you have an understanding of our sales process you will deal directly with some of your own enquiries. From an operational point of view, you will support the team with event delivery duties which could involve co-ordination of staff and suppliers, event design and working the event of the day.
This role will see you spending time both in the office, working from home and out on events, therefore all applicants should be within a commutable distance from our office. As you would imagine our events do not always take place within Mon-Fri 9-5 window, therefore some out of hour’s work will be required. As all team members do, you will have additional “support duties” and these will be matched to your skill set during the interview process.
There is the option for the role to take on more of a marketing remit (see desirable attributes) so If you do have a background and interest in marketing combined with an interest in events then do let us know.
- – Reporting to: Operations Director
- – Salary from: £20-24,000 PA depending on prior experience and in particular, marketing experience
- – Start date: July 2022
- – Time: Monday-Friday, 0900-1700 (core business hours)
- – Place: Combination of home, office (Newbridge), and offsite event work
- – Benefits: Holidays, pension, flexible working hours
Experience & Person:
We are looking to recruit a well-rounded “people” person who will fit quickly into our team culture and align with our company values. Below are the desired attributes:
- – Great at multi-tasking & working to deadlines
- – Methodical at planning and strong attention to detail
- – Highly motivated self-starter, happy to take the initiative and responsibility for tasks set
- – Passionate around customer service and enjoy working with people
- – Strong communicator
- – Outgoing and well presented
- – Flexible re working in the office, at home and offsite on events
- – Full drivers license and car
- – Creative eye
- – Experience in events
- – Experience in sales and/or operations
- – University degree or equivalent
- – Experience with CRM systems (we use Pipedrive)
- – Experience with marketing, in particular: e-marketing & social media
- – Canva Skills
- – Understand web CMS (wordpress/elementor)
- – Be passionate about sustainability
As an outline, the process will be:
- – Midday Mon 9th May 2022: Deadline for applications
- – w/o 16th May: First interview (video conference or face-2-face)
- – w/o 30th May: Second interviews (face-2-face at our offices) and opportunity to work an event if possible
- – Start date tbc based on your notice period and availability. In advance of your start date, we would send you a copy of your induction process to ensure settle in quickly and know exactly how we work.
Send your CV, along with a covering email to include 3 things that interest you most in working for Maximillion and one reason why we should consider you as the ideal candidate for this post to Jenny@maximillion.co.uk
We will reply by the 20th May to confirm if your application will be progressed.