- Group Size:
- Various, UK and global locations
- 3.5h - 6h
- Price Guide:
How It Works
The definition of a BELBIN® Team Role is “a tendency to behave, contribute and interrelate with others in a particular way” in facilitating the progress of a team. BELBIN® Team Roles describe a pattern of behaviour that characterises one person’s behaviour in relation to another whilst working in a team environment. The value of Team Role theory, supported by decades of research, lies in enabling an individual or team to benefit from self-knowledge and adjust according to the demands made by the external situation.
Our workshops explore the implications and applications of BELBIN® methodology and engage teams in selected team challenges and that will:
- increase understanding and appreciation of preferred team roles, strengths and weaknesses. Exploring new ways of working, sharing knowledge and experience, valuing and maximising contribution and challenging assumptions and perceptions.
- strengthen relationships in a fun, non-threatening environment and provide a memorable and rewarding experience to all participants.
Our BELBIN® workshops follow the following general format and process:
Positioning: Explore the spectrum of Team Roles and their contribution to team performance. Initial positioning activities to raise awareness of how effective teams work
Reflecting: Individual and team reports are issued and explained. Facilitated discussion on the implications and applications of preferred team roles back in the workplace
Exploring: Incorporation of inter-related activities from the BELBIN® Cooperate toolkit and our TeamWorks for Business activity portfolio to bring to life the knowledge and learning gained
Transferring: Your team works through the full cycle of participation in the activities, reviewing the activity against BELBIN® theory; observing and drawing out the learning in light of the future workplace dealings of the group
Who It’s For?
Our BELBIN® workshops are ideal for established or growing teams from across all organisational and functional levels e.g. leadership teams, operational teams, project teams, sales teams as well as multi-disciplinary, cross functional groups. Any team looking to explore and examine individual team role preferences, collective team strengths and improvement areas, and create a common language for working together.
Our BELBIN® clients include: EDF Energy, Royal College of General Practitioners, Audit Scotland, Diamond Light Source, University of Edinburgh Business School, University of Cardiff, Axis-Shield, an Alere company, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Scottish Sea Farms, GE Oil & Gas, RBS Group, Boehringer Ingelheim MENA, Singapore and China, Department for International Development (DfID), Astellas Pharma Europe, Queen Margaret University, NFU Mutual Direct, Lloyds Banking Group, Glasgow Caledonian University
What You Get
BELBIN® profiling provides individuals and teams with two levels of interpretive report:
- Self Perception Inventory with Observer Assessments
- Team Report
In each case, the reports will provide individuals and teams alike with insights into and awareness of their Team Role preferences, across the following nine Team Role types:
- Shaper: Has the drive and courage to overcome obstacles
- Implementer: Turns ideas into actions and organises work that needs to be done
- Completer Finisher: Searches out errors, polishes and perfects
- Co-ordinator: Clarifies goals and delegates effectively
- Teamworker: Co-operative, perceptive and diplomatic. Listens and averts friction
- Resource Investigator: Explores opportunities and develops contacts
- Plant: Generates ideas and solves difficult problems
- Specialist: Provides knowledge and skills in rare supply
- Monitor Evaluator: Sees all options and judges accurately
- Online profiling pre-event
- Interpretive Individual Reports combining Self Perception with 360°Observer Assessment
- Interpretive whole Team Reports, and Working Relationship Reports
- Full facilitation support to ground the learning
- BELBIN® ‘Co-operate’ or TeamWorks for Business activities to bring learning to life
- Post-event follow up by Lead Facilitator
- Online BELBIN® profiling, offering robust external validation based on decades of research
- Tailored package to fit your objectives, timings and group size, with programme scope and content aligned to the individual, team and organisational context
- Offers insights into understanding good team working practice and supporting behaviours.
- Creates a common language for a group
- Increased scope for the group to share experiences and transfer learning back to the workplace, ensuring return on investment
- BELBIN®-specific team building exercises are experiential, stimulating and engaging
- Option to include 1 to 1 review post-event with Lead Facilitator to discuss the implications of profiling