Dates: 9th – 10th December 2019
Client: Organisers were from The Manchester Foundation Trust, University of Manchester and The Christie Foundation Trust
Venue: Hilton Deansgate Manchester
Format: Main meeting, sponsored sessions, social dinner
Delegates: 140 from UK
Speakers: 30 from UK and Europe
Maximillion provided the following services to the Organising Committee:
– Venue contracting and management
– Event and registration site for all attendees to include:
- different levels and types of registration options
- all pre & post meeting communication
- issue of CPD certificates electronically
- accommodation options at differing price points & availability
- financial management of delegate payments
– Sponsor co-ordination to include:
- developing benefits criteria
- managing exhibitor stands and inclusion in printed literature
- industry sponsored sessions
- financial management
– Faculty travel and accommodation
– Audio Visual requirements for main meeting room and exhibition areas
– Full meeting financial management to include delegate payments, sponsor invoicing reconciliation
Who Took Part
Consultants, trainees and medical allies from UK & Europe made up the 140 delegates who attended.
What Was Unique About This Meeting?
This was the first time that a symposium on this topic had been hosted so there were nerves around getting sponsor and delegate engagement in an already busy medical calendar – however we surpassed the targeted number of delegates and ran the meeting within budget, much to the delight of lead organiser Nicola de Liguori Carino.
What The Organiser Said
“It is my pleasure to provide a testimonial for Sarah Esslemont and Maximillion. In December 2019 I hosted an international medical symposium at The Hilton Hotel in Deansgate, Manchester. This meeting was attended by an excess of 140 delegates, from the UK, Europe and America. This was a two-day event which included educational and social meetings.
I could not be happier with how the event was organised in the months preceding the event and how it was managed on the days. Sarah and her team were both efficient and delightful to work with. I also had positive feedback from my co-host colleagues and a large number of delegates. I am in fact already in dealings with Maximillion again, in preparation of a new international meeting.
I highly recommend Maximillion and Sarah Esslemont for leading and organising meeting.”
Mr Nicola de Liguori Carino, MD
Consultant Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeon
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust