About the venue
Located under 10 minutes from Edinburgh International Airport and 20 minutes from the centre of Edinburgh, Carlowrie Castle is one of the most accessible castles in Scotland. However, as guests arrive, they are greeted with 32 acres of idyllic grounds, a welcomed change from the hustle and bustle of the city. This venue truly is the best of both worlds – conveniently located, traditional exterior architecture with an impressive contemporary and fashionable interior. A great Scottish escape.
The castle has 4 public rooms situated on the ground floor. These include, a lounge, piano room, library bar and orangery. The orangery can cater for upto 110 guests whereas larger event could be catered for with the use of a marquee on the beautiful castle grounds.
If you are looking for luxury accommodation, Carlowrie Castle has the option for upto 18 guests across 9 uniquely decorated bedrooms. By October 2019 the castle will have an additional 3 luxury bedrooms in their Gatehouse Lodge.
- Number of bedrooms: 9, 12 as of October 2019
- Largest numbers for banqueting: 110 in the castle. Marquee hire available for larger groups.
- Largest numbers for conferences: As above
- Standard/star rating: Luxury Venue
- 10 miles from Edinburgh city centre
- 6 miles from Edinburgh International Airport
- Exceptional in house catering