About the Venue
Nestled in an idyllic part of the Scottish Borders, Thirlestane Castle is a magnificent 16th century castle set in a meadow landscape. Family home to the Duke of Lauderdale, it is one of the oldest and finest castles in Scotland and still remains home to the Maitland family today. There are breath-taking 17th century Dunsterfield plasterwork ceilings and one of the largest collections of family portraits in Scotland. Thirlestane Castle is an inspiring building set in peaceful surroundings yet is just 35 minutes south of the Edinburgh ring road.
At this impressive venue, Maximillion can design the perfect event whether it’s a conference, incentive outing, awards night or something bespoke. This venue have a range of different spaces to suit different events – from the elegant State Dining Room to more rustic spaces like their Victorian Kitchen or Vaulted Cellar. You could even have a marquee based event in the Rose Garden.
- Number of bedrooms: Two self-catering apartments sleeping a total of 6 people.
- Largest number for banqueting: 100 indoor (State Drawing Room), 1,000 outdoors (in a marquee)
- Largest number for conferences: 100 (State Drawing Room)
- 6 miles from Stow train station
- 35 miles from Edinburgh Airport
- 27 miles from Edinburgh City Center