Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown. Our “Facing up to New Challenges” team-based personal development workshop is an interactive, energetic, noisy and always fun half day intervention that uses the teaching of a series of carefully selected activities to bring new insights into how attitude and approach affects performance.
Led by Lead Facilitator and experienced “Edu-tainer”David Harrison, your delegates work in teams, and are taught new skills through an inclusive and non-threatening learning experience:
- Juggling: Amazing progress is made when participants realise that juggling is all about concentration and not coordination; improving their throwing not catching, and how a complex skill can be broken down into easy manageable stages.
- Plate spinning: A positive approach to getting things wrong – a mistake is seen as part of the learning process, enabling participants to achieve what at first sight seems to be the impossible!
- Flower stick: This discipline is an opportunity to enhance confidence quickly. Participants are encouraged to use this confidence so that they can be even more successful in other areas.
- Diabolo: One to one coaching is given with this skill, and this provides a great opportunity for participants to see just how effective personal coaching can be.
Later on each team will be asked to demonstrate their newly acquired skills in a showcase to be viewed by the whole group. Finally the whole group comes together to undertake the ultimate challenge ofBlindfold Scimitar Throwing..!
Facing up to New Challenges – workshop outcomes
Through the workshop, coaching support is provide to ground the learning, and participants are encouraged to develop a supportive environment in which it is OK to:
- Ask for help
- Share their newly learnt skills
- Acknowledge others’ successes and performance
Participants readily relate to the workshop content because what happens through the workshop happens back at work e.g. keeping too many plates spinning at once and juggling too many priorities etc.
What is more, through the deployment of accelerated learning techniques, everyone leaves the workshop having learnt a new set of skills – to the amazement of their colleagues AND themselves!
Organisations that have used ‘Facing up to New Challenges’
Maximillion clients that have used Facing up to New Challenges as a means to engage and develop their people have included:
- GE Oil & Gas
- Lloyds Banking Group
We are also currently working with a major drinks brand on a global initiative to engage and develop over 1300 staff across the UK, through the provision of facilitated juggling sessions that link with key messages of the initiative.
Another delighted customer...
“Just thought I’d drop you a quick email to say a massive thank you for Tuesday’s away day, and the effort and enthusiasm your team put into the day. I’ve had numerous messages from various attendees commenting on what a brilliant concept the ‘Facing up to New Challenges’ was – combining a light-hearted social experience with clear underlying messages. I think everyone enjoyed watching the boss attempting to juggle! Thanks for all you help with the organisation of the activities – you’ve been an extremely professional and easy company to work with. We will definitely be keeping you in mind for future events as the ‘Facing up to New Challenges’ is a winner of an activity!” Group IT Function
To find out more about how we can help your team face up to new challenges, and for more information on other related areas of interest in organisation development, facilitated team experiences and learning & development in Edinburgh, Scotland and across the UK please contact Sandy Smith on 0845 901 1980 and email@example.com. Alternatively, send us an enquiry.