I recently had the pleasure of attending a FAM trip to Lisbon organised by the Lisboa Convention Bureau. The trip itself was very well organised, showcasing the best of what Lisbon has to offer and indeed what makes it a worthy contender for your next overseas conference.
So, in no particular order, here’s why Lisbon gets the thumbs up from me:
- Direct flights from all major European airports
- Located only 1-3 hours from most European destinations
- No time difference to the UK, so no jet leg
- Year-round mild climate – never too hot in Summer and plenty of sunshine in Winter
- Average temperature of 17°C
- Fantastic choice of 4 and 5 * hotels in either the city centre or on the beach front
- Ultra-modern infrastructure with contemporary conference facilities, including the Lisbon Congress Centre with capacity for up to 3500
- A wide range of unique venues to choose from for hosting events, lunches or private dinners, including Convento dos Capuchos, Patio de Gale and Kais
- Explore both historical & modern Lisbon by foot or via the tram system or with GPS guidance with Go Cars & Red Tours
- Be sure to include a visit to the Castle and Monastery
- Enjoy the amazing scenery in the surrounding countrysideand discover nearby towns, for example Sintra
- Great selection of exciting activities and spouse options, including surfing, speed boats, kiting, sailing, 4×4 driving, wine tasting and cookery to name a few!
To sum up: Friendly people, good food and a city that offers competitive prices all make Lisbon a fantastic conference and incentive travel destination – one which would leave a lasting impression on your guests.
If you are interested in any further information on Lisbon then please do get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximillion has a network of accredited suppliers all over the world with whom we work in partnership to produce inspirational programmes that will leave your guests feeling like royalty.