Maximillion recently went through their Investors In People reaccreditation and came out of it not only alive but successfully reaccredited – phew! This means that we have now held our IIP status since 1999.
Some of the best practise that our assessor mentioned in her report were:
- An excellent business plan that all members of the team are involved in developing
- A culture of openness and trust
- A good mentoring programme for Interns
- A strong emphasis on social responsibility that is embedded within our culture
- A team of well trained and experienced staff
- An effective Personal Development Review and Plan process that supports staff
- A culture of continuous improvement
As you would expect there were areas where we could improve, the key areas identified were:
- Updating documents such as our Company Handbook to reflect changes in employment legislation (i.e. paternity leave), Bribery Act etc and Managing People SOP to reflect current business needs round possible growth and need for succession management
- Conducting an external Benchmarking exercise into reward and benefits and refresh our ‘Top Gun’ and ‘ASPIRE’ awards
- Celebrating our successes on a more frequent basis
- Promote our culture of Learning and Development to ensure everyone reflects on the many learning experiences they have.
All in all the process gave us a chance to review where we are at with regards to investing in our people and recognise the fact that, actually, we do do quite a lot which everyone appreciates. Moving forward there is the opportunity to continually develop in this area which is something that we intend to do! So watch out for further updates.