Shoena is leaving.
Following the birth of her second daughter, Josie, and after 12 years with Maximillion, Shoena has decided to move on to pastures new. Shoena is currently finishing up her maternity leave with the company and will officially vacate her Sales Director’s position on 17th November. Shoena will continue to work in a freelance capacity for Maximillion, however we will be looking to find a replacement for Shoena on the full time team going forward. All at Maximillion are wishing Shoena the very best of luck in her future endeavours and hope she will enjoy the prospect of 2 bickering daughters ruling the roost in the years to come!
Danielle is leaving too.
Danielle’s personal take on her experience working at Maximillion:
When I first started at Maximillion I was overwhelmed by how welcoming and encouraging everybody was. The office has a great environment; with a sponge hammer and a small GI Joe style character hanging from the ceiling along with a board dedicated to praising staff. I was instantly part of the team and felt a little bowled over by it all. After the second day it dawned on me: this is a team building company! Of course they have a great working environment!
This encouragement and guidance has been unwavering through my nine month contract and I would like to say a huge thank you to every member of the team. I think I have asked over two million questions (maybe more!) which have all been met with patience and knowledge. I have learnt more than I expected and will take away the open minded, progressive and helpful attitude to business as a life lesson.
We have been climbing, taken part in the fantastic Wildgoose GPS Treasure Hunts, quad biking, had multiple taste tests and cookery competitions in the office to name but a few.
I will now embark on a year long post graduate degree in early year’s education leading to being a qualified primary school teacher. Although a different path I feel excited to be beginning a new adventure.
Maximillion have been a great support to me as I planned a wedding abroad, tackled the mammoth visa application for my American husband and I am sad to say goodbye. I am grateful for everything they have done for me and wish them all the best. Just keep doing what you’re doing!
Alex Is starting!
As Danielle leaves, one of our long standing event team members and Event Managers, Alex Sharp, steps up to fill the void. Alex will be taking the helm of our MadMax and Turnberry Adventure centres as well as conducting project management work for our team building events. We interviewed Alex to find out a little more about him and let you get to know him:
Alex, in the style of Blind Date – what’s your name and where do you come from?
- Hello! My name is Alex Sharp and I’m from Arnside, Cumbria
Please try and sum up your last year in 5 words.
- Fun, Hectic, Varied, Interesting and Snowy!
What is your greatest achievement to date?
- Being crowned Undisputed Maximillion Karting Champion in 2013. Outside work, completing my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award and winning the overall British Universities Dryslope Championships with Napier University Snowsports Club.
What are you most looking forward to about Maximillion?
- Furthering my project management skills, developing my understanding of the back end of event production and working on a variety of events.
How did you end up here?
- I’ve been a member of the event team since 2010 and did a work internship in the office in 2012. I was also made MadMax site manager in 2013 which lead to me be asked to move into the office this year!
Who is your favourite person?
- That I know: Grandad! That I would like to meet: Richard Branson.
What are your career ambitions?
- To earn enough money and time off to take plenty of skiing trips!
Where were you this time last year?
- Either getting soaked on an outdoors Maximillion event or at the first game of the season supporting the mighty Morecambe FC (Up the Shrimps!)
If you could breathe under water or fly which would you choose?
- Fly, then it would be acceptable for me to wear a cape in public and have my own logo.