It’s all change at Maximillion as we say goodbye to our long-standing colleague Nick Aitken.
Nick is moving to the big smoke in just over a week for new adventures with our London-based partner Wildgoose UK. He will be missed at Maximillion and we wish him all the best for the future. No doubt our paths will cross again!
But with goodbyes come hellos and we welcome our newest recruit Thomas McLaren. Here is a short series of questions we asked to get to know Thomas a little better.
- Tom, in the style of Blind Date – what’s your name and where do you come from?
Hello! My name is Thomas McLaren and I’m from Edinburgh.
- Please try and sum up your last year in 5 words
Interesting, diverse, outdoors, busy, fun!
- What is your greatest achievement to date?
My greatest physical achievement would be climbing a 20,000ft mountain in Bolivia a few years ago. I’m hoping to bike the West Highland Way in under 16 hours this year so, depending on the weather, that may take the top spot!
- What are you most looking forward to about Maximillion?
There are lots of things to be honest. I’m really looking forward to developing my Project Management skills and getting involved in Max’s amazing events. I’m a bit of a GPS nerd so running the Wildgoose side of things is really exciting too.
- How did you end up here?
A mixture of my interest in GPS treasure hunts, timing and good fortune!
- Who is your favourite person?
Cheesiest answer possible but my girlfriend!
- What are your career ambitions?
If I leave Maximillion it will be to drive in Formula 1.
- Would you be offended if people continually called you Tam rather than Tom?
Far from it, Tam is my nickname but my Mum hates it and it’s not very professional! I prefer Thomas to Tom but I’ll respond to any of them. Some more positively than others…
- Where were you this time last year?
Losing my $200 budget on the dollar blackjack table in Vegas.
- If you could breathe under water or fly which would you choose?
I’d like to fly – there are some pretty scary things in the sea!