Maximillion delivers facilitated L&D events throughout the UK, from small team development interventions through to large group Open Space events. As a result, we are always happy to advise clients on the venues that would work for the purposes of their event. Here’s part 1 of a small selection of venues where we have delivered facilitated events and which I would highly recommend:
Top venue for residential activity-based programmes (small groups):
- Chilworth Manor, near Southampton, Hampshire
- Chilworth Manor is set amidst 12 acres of landscaped grounds on the outskirts of Southampton. Its impressive architecture, location and peaceful surroundings create a beautiful setting for indoor and outdoor team development events. With the combination of a wide variety of function rooms and a relaxed atmosphere, Chilworth provides an excellent environment to encourage staff and teams to focus on your L&D objectives. In the last three years, Maximillion has worked on the DEG Scheme for NATS, with a team-based development programme incorporating Myers Briggs (MBTI) profiling – and Chilworth was the venue in 2007 and 2009.
Top venue for residential activity-based programmes (larger groups):
- Lodore Falls Hotel, near Keswick, The Lake DistrictLodore Falls Hotel is an impressive 3 star hotel, built in traditional Lakeland slate and which has enjoyed a commanding presence in the Borrowdale Valley for over 200 years. The hotel stands in 40 acres of grounds with views onto Derwentwater and dramatic backdrop scenery. Lodore Falls Hotel is truly exceptional as a conference and meeting venue with some of the finest facilities in the Lake District. Maximillion recommended Lodore Falls for British Energy’s 2009 graduate development programme. In our experience, its standard of hoteliery, meeting facilities and opportunities for outdoor team development is unrivalled in this part of the country.
Top unique venue (city centre):
- Royal College of Physicians, EdinburghThe Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh provides a unique blend of historic and modern facilities located in the heart of Edinburgh. Whether it’s for a meeting for 10 or a conference for 300, the flexible layouts make the venue the perfect choice. This summer Maximillion designed and delivered a highly bespoke change event, incorporating a facilitated Kinetic Connections group simulation for a Group Marketing function with 45 staff. For the size of group, experiential nature and scope of event, the conference centre provided excellent, modern AV facilities and their historic rooms provided a real “wow” factor.
Top unique venue (country):
- Kirknewton Stables, West Lothian
Managed by Maximillion, Kirknewton Stables is our most diverse and flexible venue and is used for conferences, team building and facilitated team development events. With an incredible 18th century open plan hall opening out onto a stunning walled garden, Kirknewton Stables exudes charm and character. Set in 600 acres of beautiful policies and parkland it is ideal for a range of activities. This includes a specially designed Challenge Zone for TeamWorks Out, offroad 4×4 driving track, a dedicated clay shooting ground and acres of grassland and woodland ideal for Checkpoint Challenge style events.
Watch out for Part 2 of this blog in our November e-shot – with recommendations of top venues for large group facilitated conference events & top high-end retreats for smaller group interventions.
For more information on the above or any related area of interest, please contact Sandy on 0131 333 0066 and email@example.com